Our official date for the fall 2017 season is set: July 24th starting at 6pm. We will hold practice at Charles E. Brown Park during the summer months. We will let all parents know when it’s time to move our practice to Yorktown Middle School about 3 minutes from Browns Park.
NO PARENTS ARE ALLOWED ON THE FIELD DURING PRACTICE. IF YOU ARE NOT A USA FOOTBALL CERTIFIED COACH PLEASE REMAIN ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE FENCE. PLEASE TALK WITH COACHES BEFORE OR AFTER PRACTICE.
– First Day of Practice: Helmet, Cleats, and Shorts
– Second Day of Practice: Helmet, Cleats, and Shorts
– Third Day of Practice: Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Cleats, and Shorts
– Fourth Day of Practice and on: Full Equipment – Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Cleats, and Practice Pants
Football players need to have their own (Yorktown Patriots 2017 DSG Football Coupon – All Season Long)
- Football Cleats (No metal and ask for football cleats)
- Practice Pants – We have practice pants for sale. While supplies last
- Practice Jersey or Old Shirt that fits over Shoulder Pads
- Water Bottle
- You may purchase your own Mouth Piece and Chin Strap if you like
Please have Photo IDs before July 24th. Parents can obtain ID cards for their children under age 15 at any DMV customer service center. The cost of a child ID card is $10.00. Click here for more information about photo id
- 6U – Mini Mites Flag – 5 & 6 unlimited weight
- 8U – Mites – 7 & 8 unlimited weight
- 10U – Mighty Mites – 9 & 10 unlimited weight
- 12U – Midgets – 11 & 12 unlimited weight
- 14U – Juniors – 13 unlimited & 14 not to exceed 170lb
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
The PYFCO Board of Directors have unanimously approved a “ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY” related to inappropriate behavior at practices, games and PYFCO sponsored activities. The Board feels that league officials, coaches, players, parents and spectators should be proactive in seeking a safe and instructive environment for children without the threat of violence, inappropriate behavior or language on the sidelines.
While most inappropriate behavior is obvious, the actions that will not be tolerated include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Parents and fans on the field without permission
2. Inappropriate language
3. Yelling negative comments at the referees, coaches or players
4. Instigating players, parents, officials
5. Trashing fields
6. Attending events drunk or smelling of alcohol or under the influence of illicit drugs
7. Physical displays of aggression or threats of physical aggression
8. Any action that officials or coaches deem to be inappropriate, or the individual has previously been asked
to stop doing.
Any player, coach, official, parent or fan participating in inappropriate behavior will be ejected from the game. In cases where the offending party does not leave the area, then the PYFCO President, Commissioners, and individual league Presidents will have authority to immediately call the police and have the offender removed. A league report will be filed, and if the same person is ejected twice, they will no longer be allowed to attend PYFCO events. Based on the nature of the offence, charges may be filed against the individual. Threats or physical displays of aggression will be reported to the police.
Failure of leagues to enforce this policy may result in forfeiture of games.
PYFCO hopes these policies will ensure a safe, tolerable environment for your family to be around and your children to play in. Thank you for doing your part to help.
Every Official, Coach, Player, Parent and Spectator must abide by this policy.