PYFCO began in 1960 and has grown to 11 leagues representing three cities and two counties in the Hampton Roads area.
The objective of the Peninsula Youth Football and Cheerleading Organization is to instill in the youth of the Organization members the desire to engage in an activity that will teach them physical and mental skills through the enjoyment of the game of football and its related activities.
The Organization consists of a governing body of 11 leagues from geographic areas in and around the Peninsula. Leagues consist of players, cheerleaders, coaches, and administrative officials. Leagues are organized into five divisions: Mini Mites (Flag) (5-6), Mites (6-8), Mighty Mites (9-10), Midgets (11-12) and Juniors (13-14).
PYFCO 2016 Age & Weights
- Mini Mites – 5 & 6 unlimited weight
- Mites – 7 & 8 unlimited weight
- Mighty Mites – 9 & 10 unlimited weight
- Midgets – 11 & 12 unlimited weight
- Juniors – 13 unlimited & 14 not to exceed 170lb.