2018 ODU Youth Football 1 Day Camp
Camp Date: Saturday June 2, 2018
Registration Opens: 9am
Camp Run Time: 9:30am – 11:30am
Location: Old Dominion University Football Stadium
5000 Bluestone Ave. Norfolk VA 23508
Entering Grades: 2-8
Please Wear/Bring: Sneakers, Cleats, athletic attire, (no helmets or shoulder pads)
Assumption of Risk Statement (Click Here)
9:00 am – Registration Opens
9:30 am – Camp Warm Up
9:50 am – Offensive Skills (QB, RB, WR)
10:05 am – Offensive Competition
10:15 am – Defensive Skills (DL,LB,DB)
10:35 am – Defensive Competition
10:45 am – QB / WR / DB 1 on 1’s
11:00 am – Flag Football Game 1
11:15 am – Flag Football Game 2
11:30 am – End of Camp
- Open to youth players entering 2-8th grade (No HS students)
- Players will be separated by age & ability level | No experience required.
- Instruction will focus on introduction to basic football skills in a fun, 100% non-contact format.
- Schedule will include offensive, defensive, & kicking game instruction. Small group competitions and flag football games.
- Instruction by ODU Coaching Staff & Current ODU Football Players. ODU QB Coach Ron Whitcomb will be running the week long camp.
- Campers must bring their own cleats & sneakers (no pads).
- Check in will begin at 9:00 am and camp will start sharply at 9:30am. Camp will conclude at 11:30am
Camp is 100% non contact
Camp is 100% Rain or Shine
Purchase is Final / NO refunds
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring water
No, we provide water & Gatorade free of charge
Does camp provide a meal
No, we encourage campers to “pack” a lunch for a snack time at 10:30am
Is this an overnight camp
No – our website has recommendations for local hotels we recommend
Do I need my helmet or shoulder pads
No, no helmets no shoulder pads at camp. Camp is 100% non-contact
What should campers wear
Athletic attire. Please bring cleats, all fields are “field turf” – please also bring sneakers.
Can I register for more than one date?
Yes, registration is not limited to one camp date
Do I need to bring a copy of my physical
No, by signing our liability waiver – you are participating at your own risk
There are zero refunds of any kind, at any time
There are zero camp date changes
Have Another Question?
E-mail Ron Whitcomb at email@example.com or text 757-390-6964 & he will get back to you in 24 hours
The camp info above is located here on the ODU site located here, ODU Site